Top 5 1980's Uniforms:
5. Dallas Cowboys. I am not trying to jump on the Dallas Cowboys' bandwagon, but I have to give them credit on their uniforms. The colors are sharp and work well together, the design is clean and simple and the helmet has that famous star on it. I really like both the home and away versions.
4. Chicago Bears. It's entirely possible that I think so highly of the Bears' uniforms because Wilbur Marshall looks like such a badass in them. Whatever the reason, the Monsters of the Midway had a pretty solid, imposing uniform.
3. Washington Redskins. While I will admit that dark orange/red (or whatever that color is), yellow and white would seem at first to be an odd combination, I think it works great for the Redskins' uniforms.
2. Pittsburgh Steelers. Not only do I like the black and gold of the Steelers uniforms, but I am also influenced by the Steelers' mystique. One of the most successful NFL franchises, the Steelers' have always symbolized power football. Their uniforms scream "don't mess with me"! Sidenote: I am not entirely sure that the picture of Greg Lloyd below is from the 80's, but his first year in the NFL was 1987, so the picture works for me.
1. Oakland/LA Raiders. Just like the Buccaneers were a no-brainer for the ugliest uniform of the 1980's, the Raiders are a no-brainer for the top uniform of the 1980's. All I really need to say is: "Silver and Black". But, let's not overlook the beautiful simplicity of the uniform, as well as the pirate logo on the helmet.